Has gaming always been a passion of yours? Do you love the thrill of the story? Of being a hero and defeating difficult challenges? At Athena University, gaming is also a passion of ours, but not in exactly the same way.
At Athena, we love game design and animation.
If you’ve ever found yourself caught up in the story and the beautiful execution of games like Destiny, Halo, Assassin’s Creed, or wondered what it would be like to work for Blizzard, you might be perfect for Athena University.
We are passionate about game development, and we believe that you should be too. Instead of just playing these incredible games, why don’t you create one? We’ll help you. Here’s how to get started in a life-changing career in game design.
Begin Your Schooling
Athena University is equipped to provide you with well-rounded education in the use of animation, 3D and interactive design, so that students can develop their multimedia capabilities to design and build interactive products and casual games. To begin your schooling, follow these steps.
- Complete an application and pay a $50 application fee.
- Provide a degree from an accredited institution. Send official transcripts of all previous baccalaureate degrees. Official Transcripts of graduate study (if applicable).
- An overall undergraduate CGPA of 2.0 on a 4.00 scale.
- Submit a letter of intent describing your desire and interest in pursuing the MAGD degree, including why you think you have the qualifications to be successful in the program, and a resume. The purpose of the letter of intent is to demonstrate your preparedness for success in the MAGD program.
- Submit an updated resume.
We’re looking for individuals with a passion for digital art and design, storytelling, and the drive to succeed. We know your interest doesn’t just end with playing video games, so help your dreams come to life through the creation of new and exciting games!
Applicants must also meet a few guidelines:
- Must comply with all criteria mentioned above.
- Send official transcripts of all post-secondary institutions – must have non-US academic degrees evaluated on a COURSE-BY-COURSE basis by an evaluator approved by NACES.
- Guarantor’s Statement (PDF) with supporting financial documents from a financial institution with current U.S. dollars exchange rates.
- The official score report of either TOEFL or IELTS English proficiency exam.
Once you’ve been admitted to Athena, it’s time to figure out tuition. Visit our tuition page to figure out which system will work best for you. You can also find plentiful scholarships and financial aid to help you!
Your Time With Athena
At Athena we offer a variety of courses which can typically be completed within two years depending on your schedule. Some of the courses you’ll experience with us are things like Elements of Games, Modeling & Animation, and Scripting. You’ll be learning all new skills like what goes into creating artificial intelligence and virtual reality. All of this will be included with customized courses to provide you with specialized training which reflects the ever-changing gaming culture.
According to study.com, there is a 19% job growth rate for all applications software developers. Typically, developers can make over 100k a year, and are able to move around within the field. We want you to be successful in your gaming career, so we also educate our students about how to get into the game developing industry. With Athena, you’ll feel comfortable entering the job market, and you’ll be prepared for any gaming job you want. We also prepare you for entrepreneurship, so you’ve got options.
At Athena University, our professionals are dedicated to preparing you for the job of your dreams. We love video games as much as you do, and we want to help you achieve your goals. The gaming industry is constantly growing and changing, and at Athena, you’ll be ready to flow with those changes. To set up an appointment to visit us and learn more, send us your information here. We look forward to meeting you!